Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Saving Lives...Yet Targeted

Hi all!

Today I will rant, simply because I find reason.

The North Melbourne Football Club, an AFL team with the mascot of a Kangaroo, has come under fire today due to signing with World Vision Australia.

Now, I'll be honest, I am passionate about this club. When I see and hear criticism that is unjust and unfair, I will fire up.

The wide belief today is that the NMFC will suffer financially by linking with this organisation, rather than siding with a betting agency as most others do.

So, let me get this straight. We are being ridiculed for doing the morally correct thing?

We are not like the power hungry clubs or whoever else feels need to promote gambling and destroy lives. This initiative will draw sponsors on side, they will want to support a club that has values and strives to help the world, not cause mayhem upon it. Barcelona, the greatest soccer team in the world, once had an agreement with UNICEF. They are profitable, successful and respected worldwide.

I see no difference.

For those that continue to draw out the negative, seek the reason behind your anger and understand how important and appropriate fighting hunger is, compared to creating it.

Peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment